Here are 6 Remarkable Reasons Why You Should Shop at a Farmers Market
1) Farmers markets are easy to find.
Due to their flexible locations, some community farmers markets provide fresh, healthy foods when other sources aren’t as easily accessed.
2) SNAP and WIC cards are accepted at most farmers markets.
3) You can try a new fruit or vegetable!
Many farmers markets offer lesser known fruits and vegetables, providing a large variety of produce that can be both tasty and nutritious.
4) Farmers often have good recommendations on ways to prepare their products. They will often have special recipes for you upon request.
5) Farmers markets can be important anchors for vibrant communities.
Meet your local farmers, learn about foods grown in your area and catch up with friends and neighbors while stocking up with local goods. Supporting your local farmers market strengthens your community.
6) Shopping at farmers markets supports your local farmers and keeps the money you spend closer to your neighborhood.